Hello

Welcome to my blog about my journeys to Ecuador and Peru. Feel free to subscribe to my posts via email by entering your address in the box above.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Just a quick hello

Hello! I have an almost nasty cold so I decided to spend an hour or so in front of the computer instead of exploring the city like I usually spend my afternoons. (Specifically I have been on a quest to find a long sleeve tan dress shirt that cost less than $15, no luck yet. Most of the clothes are really expensive here because it's imported, and I'm generally not brave enough to go into the stores that have clothes made in  Ecuador). 

Like I mentioned on Facebook I got to go to the Middle of the World as it's called on Sunday. It was an okay trip, too expensive for my taste, and since I was sick and it was at least 90 degrees I was just sleepy the whole time. I have no regrets that I went though! I did not flush toilets on opposite sides of the equator but I did see a basin of water drain on each side as well as right on the equator (no funnel, it goes straight down). Also, we tryed walking on the equator, it was really hard! I don't understand the science behind it, but it's pretty cool.

I've been trying to find something fun to do after my volunteer work ends and before my study abroad group arrives. My last day of work is Friday the 8th, I'm kicked out of my host family on the 10th, and my group arrives on the 13th, late in the day. I really really want to go to the jungle but I haven't had the time/patience to find a trip that fits my dates. Anyone want to look for me? :) There are dozens of travel organizations, but they generally don't have the dates posted.  It's Carnaval here in Quito on the 11th and 12th, so I don't know if that makes it easier or harder to find something, but I do know I want to be doing something because apparently the city shuts down and is quite boring. 

I really am curious as to who reads my blogs/what you think/questions/advice, anything! I probably won't have the time to reply but I really love contact. And I wanna know who reads my blogs :) So please, I'd love to read any comment you have! Oh and, to all of you who love proper spelling (Alennah), I have been too lazy to figure out how to set the spell check to English and my spelling is terrible, so please don't be too hard on me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment