Hello

Welcome to my blog about my journeys to Ecuador and Peru. Feel free to subscribe to my posts via email by entering your address in the box above.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Adventure 101

Thanks for checking out my blog! I am going to South America in January 2013 and this blog is meant to be a compilation of some background information of what exactly I'll be doing, predeparture thoughts, and stories from abroad.

As I am interested in service and Spanish, I am going to Ecuador and Peru for almost five months, mostly to study abroad. First, I will be volunteering at a speech therapy institution in Ecuador, and then I will join a group of other students for a study abroad experience. We will be traveling around Ecuador and Peru, learning about the culture and language, while serving with a wide variety of organizations. I'll end my trip with a hike to Machu Picchu, then come home in May to write papers in order to receive college credit for  my adventure.

I am so excited to tell you more details of my programs and plans, and I hope that you will enjoy reading about my adventures!

2 comments:

  1. If you meet anyone working with Paz y Esperanza in Peru, say hi from me. It is a fairly large evangelical Christian Human Rights organization working with victims of domestic and sexual abuse. I was on a missions trip there in 2011 with Colleen Beebe, Jesus Purisaca and others.
    This should be a fantastic experience for you to live in the culture and become comfortable with Spanish! Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of that organization, Paul! I will keep you in mind. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete